ONLINE NOW, ALL WELCOME, BOOKINGS BELOW
There is no place of pilgrimage as fabulous and as open as this body of mine. No place more worthy of exploring.
Tantric Siddha Sahara
In the Insight tradition, within the 4 foundations of mindfulness, there is great emphasis on the body. The body is placed at the centre of our practice. Staying in the body helps us cut through the mind’s habitual elaborations. These can wind us up, spin into over-thinking or lead us along downright painful thought patterns. Sensation unchecked will throw us into the mind.
The body is the anchor to what’s happening in the here and now. In this day retreat we will look at what the body supports and safeguards us against. We will have an opportunity for an embodied experience of its compelling intelligence.
The retreat will include
- Meditation instruction
- Sitting, walking and lying down meditation
- Discussion and questions
- Dharma talk
- Guided relaxation practice
What you might need
- Meditation cushion, chair or stool
- Shawl / blanket
- Your lunch (there will be a lunch break)
March 22, 2019
$60 + Dana* for Jess’s teachings
* In the Buddhist tradition students contribute Dana or a donation for teachings. Please bring your monetary contribution on the day.